Sewing

Ka-Bloom

I had mentioned this wall hanging in my last post. It is the pattern Ka-Bloom! by McKenna Ryan. It is one of the nine sections that make up the pattern “In Full Bloom”. It took 6 months to complete. I changed the colours and added my favorite, a butterfly! Everything is better with a butterfly! It includes confetti in the center of some of the sun flowers, along with beading and stitching. I only satin stitched around the “man-made” items and tried to keep the nature as is.

Purple House, Purple Lupins in progress.

Purple House, Purple Lupins

This is a picture of the Purple House, Purple Lupins hanging I completed after taking the course with Karen Henry. I hand-dyed the sky fabric. I love Karen’s use of confetti and tulle. It was also done with Raw Edge Applique. It was a lot of fun and really gives you more ideas of what you can do with landscapes.

I have a UFO of my Grandparents cottage at the lake on the go as well.  I have learned a number of new techniques and feel like I need to revamp it.. Hopefully I can get it where I want it to be.  Stay tuned on that one!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s