Wow! I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by blogger My Perfect Breakdown. This is a stressful week for me and this brought a smile to my face and a bit a sunshine. Thank you so much. I am speechless! Well maybe not… see below. Hahahaa.
The Liebster Award is awarded to a blogger by other bloggers. To me that makes it all the more special. This blogger has taken the time to be a part of my life essentially and in turn allowed me to a part of theirs. Thank you so very much My Perfect Breakdown for sharing your blog and your story with all of us. You truly are inspirational!
The rules are as follows:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 3-5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Make up a set of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
So here it goes.. Here are my questions to answer.
- What Country are you from? The great white north. Canada
- What is the most prized possession you own?I have video of the first time I heard my son’s heartbeat.
- Why did you start blogging? A need to connect with others. Needing to share my story and our life in hopes to find peace and understanding about our journey.
- What is your favorite food? Tossup between pizza and alfredo.. Oh, did I mention chocolate??
- Biggest inspiration? This is a hard one. I guess you could say I try to find inspiration around me. There is a family that lives a few miles from us. They have fertility problems. They went through IVF and gave birth to a daughter. She was a preemie and is legally blind. They went on to fight the odds and gave birth to two more children without fertility treatments. They have a beautiful home and a loving family. They have been through it all. It is stories like this that inspire me to be more, to do more. To not take No for an answer. You just never know. I know a woman a few years older than I. She has Crohn’s Disease and not able to have children. She was married once. He did not treat her well. They divorced. She went on to meet her husband. He is 8 years younger than she. They are very good together. They have bought a home and put themselves on the adoption list. Waiting, hoping for a family. They just recently adopted a boy 11 years old. Their family is complete and such an inspiration.
- Most recent place you traveled to for enjoyment? Coastal Maine. Love the serenity, the views, the peace. Nothing beats an afternoon stroll along the Shore Path in Bar Harbor while licking a cone of ice cream. Or a day spent driving Coastal Route 1.
- Favorite song at the moment? “Toothbrush” by Wax. The lyrics are crazy and make me laugh!
- Biggest accomplishment? My marriage, my family. It is my life. I married the love of my life, we built a home that is filled with love and out of that gave birth to the most beautiful son.
- Biggest fear? Only being able to tell my husband he is going to be a father once in our lifetime.
- Something that makes you smile? Warning TMI… My husband always manages to play “grabass” when I walk by no matter what I do to fend it off. Hahaha
- Cats or dogs? 2 cats. A 16-year-old, black in color, named Ebony. His mother was my childhood cat and he is from her last litter. We left home together when he was 6 weeks old. Hahaa. Five years ago, Christmas Eve morning. A white and orange marmalade stray came crying at my door at 3:00 AM. Thankfully my husband was sleeping. I stood in the window looking at him crying for an hour and decided to feed him…………Hahaha.. The next morning my husband noticed him on the deck. He said if he was still here after Christmas Eve Service I could feed him. *Wink* “Ok” I said. My husband dubbed him “Homer the Homeless Kitty”. Homer is now a 16 lb neutered tom and sheds everywhere and my husband loves every minute of it! Hahahaa
11 Random Facts about myself:
1. I have 5 tattoos. My first and second. Butterflies on my right hip and left foot. My 3rd is a ladybug on my left wrist, 4th my son’s hand print over my heart and my last, an outline of a bunny and a red heart representing the two loves of my life on my right instep.
2. My hair is still its natural color. Nothing from a bottle here. My Grandmother always called it shit brindle brown. Hahaha
3. I once was engaged to someone I met on the internet. Almost moved to another country.
4. Opals are my favorite gemstone. I wore them on my wedding day.
5. I love historical romance novels. Anything in Scotland. Tall, brawny men! (hahaha my husband is tall, green-eyed and blonde)
6. I can water ski and kneeboard. I grew up on them at our family cottage.
7. I have climbed Mount Kathadin 6 times. Hamlen, Baxter, Pamola, Abol, Saddle, Knife Edge, Helen Taylor, Chimney Pond to name a few things I have seen.
8. When in Toronto a few years ago I saw the exhibit on the Terracotta Army. WOW is all I can say!!!!!!
9. I am addicted to Jason Statham movies.
10. Favorite movie is “The Princess Bride”
11. My pregnancy was laced with special days. My cycle began on my favorite Aunt’s Birthday. Which is also in the month of our anniversary and my Birthday. Based on my cycles I predict I conceived on my birthday. I was due on the date I last saw and spoke to my Grandfather. He passed away the following morning. My first trimester ended on my husband’s Grandfather’s birthday.
I am nominating the following blogs. When I began blogging a few months ago, it was with the interest and intent of connecting with others. Learning and sharing from their blogging. Each of these blogs have given me wisdom, reflection and a connection with those that write them. Thank you all for sharing!
Questions for the nominee’s to answer:
1. Why did you start to blog?
2. What country are you from?
3. What is your favorite travel destination?
4. What is your favorite quote or song?
5. Cheddar or Colby Jack? Yes it matters! Hahaha
7. What is the most spontanoues thing you have ever done?
8. Favorite Movie?
9. Most prised posession?
10. Who do you admire most?
11. What was the last movie you saw?
I am enrolled in the new Blogger 201. I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to learn more about my blogging and strive to be better.
Yesterday our assignment was to set three goals for ourselves. I think I have always had goals and been trying to work toward them.
1 – To connect with other women – families who have suffered the loss of a child. To connect with those suffering with infertility.
2 – To post at least once per week. I set this goal when I began blogging as I have outside stresses in life and felt this was completely attainable for me
3 – Learn to better express myself and to create a more visual blog.
Each of these goals could be measured. I will set goals to blog at least twice per week. I would like to have 100 followers before July 1st. That would be the six month mark for my blog.
Today`s assignment is to audit our brand. I have tweaked here and there over past weeks. Today I have been checking out themes, changing wording and pictures. I am still not completely happy with it all. Sometimes I think better if I take a step back. So I will leave what I have done for today and perhaps over the next few days I will have some better ideas to help it along. I have been thinking of adding a couple of pages to my blog. One a timeline of our infertility, and secondly a timeline of events for our son`s life.
Well time to sleep on it!
Well I am a bit excited today. It is with mixed emotion. I am excited because I have reached a couple of milestones.
I have reached 50 followers and 100 likes this past weekend. I am learning as I go and really hoping that I am moving forward in this endeavor. It has meant so very much to me to be able to express my feelings. To share what one feels on the inside each day. I know that it is not easy to read. It is not always easy to read or see the truth, the reality of what is. It is not easy to write. These are the feelings and the wants that we have been taught to keep to ourselves. That are not “normal”
I am going to keep plugging away and leaning how to better share. Thanks for reading. Thank you very much for sharing on your blogs!